Qualifications & Experience
- I trained as a psychodynamic counsellor at Birkbeck College.
- The main training I have completed is an MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- An MSc offers an in-depth training in psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy lasting 3yrs, which allows me to work more effectively with clients.
- I have also completed a BSc in Psychology at University of East London.
- I attend regular training courses as part of my continuing professional development to maintain and update my knowledge and skills.
Psychodynamic counselling has been taught at Birkbeck now for over 40 years, and those who laid the foundations for this course had a strong commitment to promoting the value of psychodynamic counselling, which offers a model for understanding the human personality and how it develops; our network of relationships and how we interact with others; how psychological problems may originate and the repetitive patterns that maintain them; and how personal change takes place.
- Accredited Member British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk)
- I am also on the BACP register which is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
- Birkbeck Counselling Association (www.birkbeckcounsellingassociation.org)
- The British Psychological Society (www.bps.org.uk)
How do I know you are trustworthy?
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and work using it's ethical framework. I am fully accredited and registered with them, this is checked and update regularly. I also regularly attend Supervision with a trained professional counselling supervisor. This supports me in my work and ensures I am working in the best way possible with all my clients. All therapists are required to attend regular supervision. If you have any concerns about who I am the BACP are able to confirm my professional status. I am also able to provide copies of qualifications, accreditation or supervision details on request.
BACP Accreditation and Register
What does Accreditation mean?
Accreditation indicates that the therapist is an accredited counsellor or psychotherapist. This means I have achieved a substantial level of training and experience that has been validated and approved by the BACP. This is checked and reviewed annually. More information about BACP accreditation can be found on this website: http://www.bacp.co.uk/accreditation/index.php. It is worth checking a counsellor is accredited as it is an important sign of experience and reliability.
What does registration mean?
The BACP have created a register of counsellors. The register is the first psychological therapists' register to be accredited under a new scheme set up by the Department of Health and administered by an independent body, accountable to Parliament.
I can be found on the following counselling directories. Click on any logo below to check out my various listings.